Opened on September 30th, 2010, the Father Bernatek Footbridge (Kładka Ojca Bernatka) straddles the Wisła River just south of the centre, linking the districts of Kazimierz with Podgórze between ul. Mostowa and ul. Nadwiślańska where several road bridges had stood in its place before, the last being dismantled way back in 1925. The leaf-shaped, 130m structure accommodates both pedestrians and cyclists with its twin walkway. It's here that Cracovian couples have adopted the increasingly popular tradition of attaching padlocks engraved with their names to the railings of the bridge, before throwing the keys into the Wisła as evidence of their unbreakable bond and commitment to each other.